Sunday, March 17, 2013

Creating a positive future


This blog was created as a component of a Nursing Leadership course I was in. Over the course of the past 11 weeks there have been many discussions, activities, and experiences with leadership. If there is anything thing I have gained from this course, and the experience of developing this blog, it is this:


Leadership is not a job title or having a position of authority. Leadership is a quality, one that each of us can possess. It takes a conscious effort to develop leadership skills. Most importantly, though, we each have the potential to be a leader in our current role!

Qualities of an Effective Leader:
  • Honesty
  • Commitment
  • Drive
  • Compassion
  • Synergy
  • Emotional Intelligence
  • Courage

As I move into my final quarter of my nursing program, and brace to enter a field I have worked to prepare for, I am ready to take on the role of leadership in every area I work in. I am ready to be a nurse that help leader her profession to bigger and better places. I am ready to be a woman who challenges the barriers placed solely because of my gender!

I challenge you to examine your current situation, professional and personal, and determine how you can be a leader to enact greatness.



No comments:

Post a Comment